The Institute of Process Imaging of the Hamburg University of Technology pioneers magnetic resonance imaging methods, that help understand the complex dynamics of multiphase and reactive flows in process engineering applications. Our work contributes to providing affordable and clean energy and developing sustainable production patterns of the 21st century. For our young, thriving and internationally well-connected research group we are looking for "two"
PhD STUDENTS (m/f/d)
WISSENSCHAFTLICHE MITARBEITER /(m/w/d)
in a full-time position (100%) limited to 4 years duration. The remuneration is in accordance with TV-L 13 .
- Conduct independent research projects in the field of process imaging, such as measuring the spatial and temporal distribution of flow, temperature, and reaction processes within carbon capture reactors.
- Design and conduct experiments that help us understand the complex dynamics that occur inside process engineering reactors.
- Analyze your measurements and present your findings at scientific conferences and publish it in peer-reviewed journals
- Supervise Bachelor’s and Master’s students projects
- Contribute to teaching university courses for process engineering students
- Master’s degree or a diploma in physics, electrical engineering, chemistry, chemical engineering, or a related field of study
- Creativity, curiosity, and high motivation
- Good communication and team skills
- Beneficial: Experience with imaging techniques (ideally Magnetic Resonance Imaging) or image/data processing
- Possibility to travel to national and international conferences and meetings
- Active collaboration with the world-leading universities ETH Zürich, Columbia University and Osaka University in joint projects, research stays, or measurements campaigns.
- An attractive work-life balance, access to on-campus sports courses, and postgraduate trainings (presentation skills, supervision skills, communication skills etc.)
For further information please contact Prof. Dr. Alexander Penn (phone: 0049 (0)40 428 78-3801 or email: email@example.com).
All people have equal chances: equality of opportunity
Vereinbarung für ein wertschätzendes und respektvolles Miteinander, ist Bestandteil der gelebten Kultur an der TUHH
We look forward to receiving your online application by 27.11.2020