For the Institute of Advanced Ceramics of the Hamburg University of Technology for the earliest possible date, we are looking for a:
in a full-time position for a fixed-term contract until 30.06.2024,
The remuneration is in accordance with EGr. 11 TV-L
- Hands-on practical work including the operation, troubleshooting and optimization of the atomic layer deposition (ALD) reactor and the additive manufacturing machines (direct writing and fused deposition modeling)
- Acquire quotes and buy parts when necessary for the troubleshooting of the machines
Support the doctoral researchers and postdoctoral researchers in the routinely production of selected samples
- Report results to internal stakeholders within the institute
- Independent development, construction and set-up of complex experiments in the field of materials science.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree (University or Fachhochschule) in Materials Engineering, Production Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Production Engineering, Electrical Production Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Process Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or equivalent field.
Required skills (mandatory): i) hands-on (practical) experience with equipment operation and/or troubleshooting; ii) professional working proficiency in English (spoken) - German knowledge is considered an asset, but it is not mandatory; iii) reliable, results-oriented and organized work style; iv) excellent communication and team-work skills; v) a willingness to learn and capability to work independently.
Desired or advantageous skills (not mandatory): i) hands-on experience with research laboratory facilities; ii) previous experience in thin films deposition and/or additive manufacturing; iii) previous experience with acquiring quotes for a specific equipment and purchase/tender processes.
For further information please contact Dr. Kaline P. Furlan at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, or disability.
We particularly encourage women to apply. Due to their underrepresentation, they are given priority with the same suitability, qualifications, and professional performance.
Applications must be submitted in English, with the exception of the certificates, which can be in English or German language. Please upload your application documents: 1-2 pages cover letter, 2-4 pages CV including a list of publications at the end (if any), and relevant certificates (diplomas, transcript of records, further courses and training certificates, etc.). If translated documents are uploaded for the certificates, please also upload a copy of the original documents.
We look forward to receiving your online application by 11.02.2021