For the Institute of Data Engineering of the
Hamburg University of Technology
for the earliest possible date, we are lookingf or a:
RESEARCH ASSOCIATE (m/f/d) /
WISSENSCHAFTLICHER MITARBEITER (m/w/d)
Promotion oder Postdoc
full time and for a maximum of three years. The remuneration is in accordance with EG 13 TV-L
Conducting independent and world-class research in the field of data engineering, e.g., elastic data stream processing, data processing at the edge of the network, federated learning, or data engineering in the Internet of Things.
- very good Diploma or Master university degree or a PhD in computer science, informatics, business informatics, or a related discipline is expected
- Very good programming skills
- Very good scientific communication and writing skills.
- The willingness to contribute to the teaching activities of the institute
- The ability to develop methods, concepts, and models, as well as their realization and evaluation and the willingness to contribute to scientific projects.
- In-depth interest in scientific problems and the motivation for independent and goal-oriented research
- Knowledge in Big Data, data engineering, distributed systems or related areas is a plus
- The chance to pursue your research with the goal of a doctorate or a postdoctoral qualification (habilitation).
- Continuing personal and professional education.
- The possibility to present your research results at international top conferences.
- The opportunity for stays abroad at international partner universities.
- To become part of a creative team at an aspiring university and in one of the most livable cities of the world
- A highly competitive salary. The salaries are following the German TV-L 13 scheme. An extension of the initial contract is possible.
For further information please contact Prof. Stefan Schulte (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We particularly encourage women to apply. Due to their underrepresentation, they will be given priority incases of equal suitability, qualifications and professional performance.
Please send your complete application documents (cover letter, curriculum vitae in table form, proof ofcompleted training and/or university degree, job references or certificates of employment) via the online application system.
We look forward to receiving your online application by April 19th 2023.