For the Institute for Data Engineering of the Hamburg University of Technology for the earliest possible date, we are looking for a:
RESEARCH ASSOCIATE (m/f/d) /
WISSENSCHAFTLICHER MITARBEITER (m/w/d)
full time and for a maximum of 3 years. The remuneration is in accordance with TV-L 13 .
Conducting independent and world-class research in the field of data engineering, e.g., elastic data stream processing, data processing at the edge of the network, federated learning, or data engineering in the Internet of Things.
- Publishing your research results in peer-reviewed journals and presenting at international conferences.
Collaborating with other researchers and visiting other (national and international) research institutes for academic exchanges.
Contributing to the teaching activities of the institute, especially in the areas of database systems and Big Data.
- For this position, a very good Diploma or Master university degree in computer science, informatics, business informatics, or a related discipline is expected.
- Very good programming skills.
- Very good scientific communication and writing skills.
- Knowledge in Big Data, data engineering, distributed systems or related areas is a plus.
- In-depth interest in scientific problems and the motivation for independent and goal-oriented research.
- The ability to develop methods, concepts, and models, as well as their realization and evaluation and the willingness to contribute to scientific projects.
- The willingness to contribute to the teaching activities of the institute.
- The chance to pursue your research with the goal of a doctorate.
- Continuing personal and professional education.
- The possibility to present your research results at international top conferences.
- The opportunity for stays abroad at international partner universities.
- To become part of a creative team at an aspiring university and in one of the most livable cities of the world.
- A highly competitive salary. The salaries are following the German TV-L 13 scheme.
For further information please contact Prof. Stefan Schulte (email@example.com).
We particularly encourage women to apply. Due to their underrepresentation, they will be given priority in cases of equal suitability, qualifications and professional performance.
Please send your complete application documents (cover letter, curriculum vitae in table form, proof of completed training and/or university degree, job references or certificates of employment) via the online application system.
Notice for graduates of foreign educational qualifications: Please submit proof of all obtained university degrees and, if available, the recognition of your educational qualifications in Germany (e.g. anabin excerpts and/or acknowledgement of previous employers)
We look forward to receiving your online application by 04.10.2022 print