For the Institute of Molekulardynamische Simulation weicher Materie of the Hamburg University of Technology for the earliest possible date, we are looking for a:
RESEARCHER (m/f/d) /
WISSENSCHAFTLICHER MITARBEITER (m/w/d)
Full time for a maximum of 36 months. The remuneration is in accordance with TV-L 13 .
- Modeling and simulation of electrowetting in nanoporous materials by means of molecular dynamics simulation at constant electric potential. The goal is to investigate different porous carbon materials in the simulations and investigate the influence of ion concentration on the resulting nanofluidics (for references see https://doi.org/10.1021/acsnano.1c05931 and https://doi.org/10.1063/5.0063381).
- Application of advanced simulation methods to calculate free energies of specific reactions, e.g., with the weighted histogram analysis (WHAM) in combination with Umbrella sampling.
- If necessary (and desired), conduct accompanying experiments in Prof. Huber's group to validate the results of the simulations.
- Completed scientific university studies, in particular in the subject area/s materials science, physics or theoretical chemistry.
- Preferably you already have experience in electrochemical laboratory work and/or in software used for atomistic simulations such as LAMMPS, VASP or CP2K.
- Profound knowledge of English and ideally, but not mandatory, good knowledge of German.
- Motivation to do a PhD in 3 years in an interdisciplinary environment.
- Outside of duties, further scientific training is possible, the results can be used for a dissertation
- An interdisciplinary, international and collaborative environment. For example, it is planned that Prof. Gennady Gor will be present at TUHH as a visiting scientist for some time during the duration of this project.
For further information please contact Mr Prof. Dr.-Ing. Robert Meißner, Phone-No.: 040 / 428 78 - 2580, Email: email@example.com
We particularly encourage women to apply. Due to their underrepresentation, they will be given priority in cases of equal suitability, qualifications and professional performance.
Please send your complete application documents (cover letter, curriculum vitae in table form, proof of completed training and/or university degree) via the online application system by (will be assigned by the administration).
We look forward to receiving your online application by 28.01.2022