For the institute of Institute of Geo-Hydroinformatics at the Hamburg University of Technology for the earliest possible date, we are looking for a:
Senior Scientist (m/f/d)
in a permanent position (100%). The remuneration is in accordance with EGr.14 TV-L
Institute of Geo-Hydroinformatics at Hamburg University of Technology (TUHH) provides a dynamic and multidisciplinary research environment aiming at creating new knowledge through innovation, developing new measurement tools and predictive capabilities to provide accurate understanding of multiphase and multiscale processes occurring near Earth’s surface. The institute covers a wide range of research and teaching activities relevant to environmental physics, hydrologic processes and Earth system models at different scales ranging from a few microns to the global-scale. Within this context, we would like to recruit a full time permanent scientist who will support the Head of the Institute in the organization and implementation of the relevant research and teaching activities as well as funding applications and supervision of other members of the institute, especially MSc and PhD students. This is a permanent position, which is strategically important for the institute as the successful candidate will play a key role in maintaining international-class research, teaching and student supervisions within the institute.
- Supporting the Head of the Institute in the organization and implementation of research, teaching and any other activities as deemed necessary by the Head of the Institute
Initiating and conducting novel research relevant to the general aims of the institute about hydrologic processes, soil, environment and Earth system modelling
Contribution to preparation of research proposals for funding applications
- Publication of research results in leading journals of the field and facilitation of interdisciplinary research and collaboration with other scientists and organizations
Supporting scientific research, career development and supervision of other members of the institute, in particular MSc and PhD students
- Completed a PhD degree in one of the following fields: environmental engineering, fluid mechanics, hydrology or related disciplines
- Experiences with teaching and students’ supervision
- Previous postdoctoral research experiences
- Knowledge in German is advantage
- Excellent research experiences with proven track records in multiscale and multiphase investigation of the processes occurring near Erath’s surface. This should be demonstrated via impactful paper publications in top journals of the fields relevant to hydrologic processes, soil physics and environmental fluid mechanics
- Comfortable with big data analysis, experiments using state-of-the-art technologies, numerical simulations, application of artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques for hydrologic and Earth system modelling
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken) in English.
- A permanent position in a well-respected scientific environment
- Possibility to become a group leader (including habilitation) and to acquire research funding for supervision of PhD students
- A dynamic, stimulating, international and multi-disciplinary work environment
Access to state-of-the-art experimental and computational facilities
- Possibility to collaborate with internationally recognized scientists in other universities
- Possibility to contribute to the development of a new institute
- High level of personal responsibility and freedom in your work
For further information please contact Prof. Nima Shokri (Tel. +49 40 42878 2870 or via E-Mail to email@example.com).
All people have the same opportunity: equal opportunities
Vereinbarung für ein wertschätzendes und respektvolles Miteinander, ist Bestandteil der gelebten Kultur an der TUHH
We encourage women in particular to apply. They are being underrepresented at equal suitability, qualifications and professional performance are given priority.
Please send your complete application documents (cover letter, tabular CV, proof of completed training and/or university degree) via the online application system by, 30.10.2020