In the Institute of Biomedical Imaging of Hamburg University of Technology we are looking for a
WISSENSCHAFTLICHER MITARBEITER (m/w/d) /
for the first of September 2020, limited to Dec 31, 2023.
The remuneration is in accordance with TV-L 13 .
The Center for Data and Computing in Natural Science (CDCS) is a new scientific institution, which is being established in Science City Bahrenfeld, formed as a partnership between the University of Hamburg, Hamburg University of Technology and DESY. The CDCS is dedicated to the development and application of modern information technologies (Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, Scientific Computing) to complex scientific problems. With Cross-Disciplinary Labs (CDL) a flexible structure is created, which works integrative between the scientific groups of computer science and mathematics on the one hand and the natural sciences on the other hand. A total of 11 postdoctoral positions will be filled in the CDCS, 3 of which will be in the Informatics Core Unit and 2 in each of the four thematic CDLs. The thematic priorities of the CDLs are: Astro- and Particle Physics (1), Photon Science (2), Systems Biology (3) and Computational Control of Accelerators (4). We are looking for a candidate to fill one of the three positions available in the Informatics Core Unit (the other two positions in this Unit will be filled with candidates employed by UHH and DESY). We are looking for a scientist in the field of scientific computer science.
- Your tasks include the execution and consulting of research projects in the team in the above mentioned thematic priorities, especially the methodical conception, selection of suitable algorithms and software frameworks, the sustainable implementation, validation and deployment including the writing of scientific publications, the representation of projects at conferences through lectures and poster contributions and the publication of contributions via social media channels. The contributions focus on the computer science aspects of scientific data science projects, especially in the areas of
- data analytics and machine learning
- signal and image processing
- algorithmics and optimization
In addition, your tasks include active participation in the acquisition of third-party funded projects.
- University degree and doctoral degree in computer science, mathematics, physics, or a related field. In the case of a non-informatics degree course, a clear orientation towards informatics content is expected in the course of the degree and doctorate.
- Excellent knowledge in at least two of the following areas
o data analytics and machine learning,
o signal and image processing,
o algorithmics and optimization
- Very good practical skills in implementing complex software solutions (implementation, use of complex software libraries, sustainable software design)
- Experience in the application of computer science to scientific problems in at least one of the above-mentioned fields of application is desired
- Desire to work in international and interdisciplinary teams is expected
- Very good skills in English language are required
- We offer to work towards your scientific qualification, e.g., habilitation
- You will publish and present your research results
- You will work on the interface between edge-cutting research related to practical applications and problems
- You will work with partners from industry and research in interdisciplinary international teams
For further information please contact Prof. T. Knopp under email@example.com or by phone +49 40 / 7410 56794
All people have equal chances: equality of opportunity
Vereinbarung für ein wertschätzendes und respektvolles Miteinander, ist Bestandteil der gelebten Kultur an der TUHH
We look forward to receiving your online application by 17.07.2020