For the Institute of Quantum-Inspired and Quantum Optimization of the
Hamburg University of Technology
for the earliest possible date, we are looking for:
PhD students and Postdocs
RESEARCH ASSOCIATES (m/f/d) /
WISSENSCHAFTLICHE MITARBEITER (m/w/d)
full time and for a maximum of four years. The remuneration is in accordance with 13 TV-L
- Completed scientific university studies, in particular in the subject area/s physics, mathematics, computer science, or comparable; excellent grades are expected
- Very good scientific communication and writing skills
- Advanced knowledge within one or more of the following areas is desirable: solid mathematical knowledge and skills, theory of Markov chain Monte Carlo methods, simulated annealing, combinatorial optimization (QUBO problems), quantum computing, computational complexity, some programming skills
- Potential research topics include combinatorial optimization using quantum and quantum-inspired algorithms, quantum system characterization (randomized benchmarking, tomography, crosstalk, shadow estimation, etc.), aspects of computational complexity, interdisciplinary and experimental collaborations.
- We provide the chance to pursue your research with the goal of a doctorate or a postdoctoral qualification (habilitation).
- Benefit from excellent supervision and interdisciplinary exchange with the integration into an excellent research network in the quantum computing landscape.
- We provide the latest hardware allowing for a modern paperless work style (e.g., ThinkPad Yoga X1 + docking station with 4k monitors).
- For successful members of the institute, an extension of the initial contract is possible.
For further information please contact Prof. Dr. Martin Kliesch, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We particularly encourage women to apply. Due to their underrepresentation, they will be given priority incases of equal suitability, qualifications and professional performance.
Please send your complete application documents (cover letter, curriculum vitae, university degree certificates with all grades, statement of motivation and research interests, contact details of at least two potential referees) via the online application system.
We look forward to receiving your online application by February 28th 2023.